Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bossy Boots

I just read a my friend Lori's blog. She talks about her nieces and nephews and the fact that one more just got added to her brood.

I've one niece, her name is Sarah and she's 9. My sister and her husband have thus far not given me any others, but they're selfish like that. Anyway, Sarah---or as I call her Bossy Boots, is a wonderful child.

Two stories:

I used to enjoy playing a silly game with her. I'd tell her that I loved her more than something, and she'd tell me she loved me more than something else. For example, I might say "I love you more than ice cream" and she might reply "I love you more than cake."

Once she completely got me. I told her that I loved her more than ice cream [candy, cake, pizza whatever it was] and she said "I love you more than I love myself"

Oh man! She got me!. How do you respond to a 4 or 5 year old saying that?

One more:

About 2 years ago my sister and their family were robbed in their own home. Two guys knocked on the door, Gary--my brother in law answered, and a guy talked to him about the for sale sign in the front yard, while the other stayed in the yard.

Within a few moments, the one pulled a gun and shot Gary in the arm [he was going for the chest, but Gary reacted and hit the gun arm just in time thank God]

They proceeded to tie everyone up with tape and rob them.

That was October 2005. On Christmas Eve that same year, Sarah wanted me to help her track Santa on the web. When I found out that he was in Canada, I told her she had plenty of time.

She wanted to send Santa an email. I wrote it while she dictated. She asked for a toy or two, but then she asked Santa to pray for her family, especially her daddy who'd been hurt.

Unky Roggie, almost lost it. I still come to close to losing it when I think of it.

No comments: