Saturday, June 23, 2007

Visit from Sarah

Well, my 8 year old niece, Sarah, is visiting. I'm not married, and I live with my dad. So Sarah decided to visit with Uncle Roger and Granddaddy. I knew it'd be like this. We went to IHOP for breakfast, then to the brand new North Charleston Fire Museum.

The museum itself is pretty cool, and I found it interesting. It's normally $6.00 admission, but it's free for today. You see, 9 firefighters gave up their lives on Monday, June 18th while fighting a local fire.

It's important that we understand that job and those brave men.

However, the mistake was going with dad and Sarah. You see, they get along like Dad and my sister used to. Dad says jump, Sarah says no, dad gets mad. Sarah says jump, dad says no, Sarah gets mad.

I'm baby sitting both of them.

She wanted some sort of little toy from the musuem gift shop, we wouldn't get it for her. She got whiney and walked off. Dad gets scared if she's not within eyesight and went running after her. I say, leave her alone and when she sees that we won't indulge her crybaby spells, she comes out of it.

Oh well. What can I do? I mean I don't drink so getting drunk is out of the question, I can't find my DVD remote so a good movie is out of play. I look so forward to taking her to church tonight...Dad won't be there so I'll only have one child to deal with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.