Saturday, July 14, 2007

Library School

Thanks for asking for an update Lori.

Well I got my letter yesterday...and they've turned me down.

I'm a little disapointed, but I'll try to call on Monday to see if I can find out why. In the meantime, I'll now be able to pursue some other things.

I'm the newly appointed Area 62 Governer for District 58 Toastmasters.

Also in September Seacoast will start its North Charleston campus, and I'll be involved.

One more, but very important thing. About a year and a half ago, my sister and her family were robbed in their own home.

In later July or early August, my neice will have to testify in court. She's scared.

Mom brought her up for a visit to Unky Roggie and Grandaddy Mel a few weeks ago. I had her at a local playground and Granddaddy came to pick us up. We saw some real rough looking types comeing up and using foul langauge etc. We went home and when Sarah asked why we left I made the mistake of tellng her. She was then scared that they may follow us.

Needless to say that didn't happen. But, she said several things that weekend that told me that their robbery is on her mind.

She's 8 now and was 6 when this happend. She saw her daddy laying on the floor shot in the arm. She had a gun put to her head while this trash said they'd rape and then kill her if my sister didn't give them everything.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

I won't go into what I want to see happen to the scum that did this, but let's just say that I hope they drop the soap in the shower.

On the other side of the issue of crime in America, my cousin is in jail

He is in his 60s but a couple of years ago he was caught raising and selling pit bulls for dog fighting [no, I'm not related to Michael Vick]

Anyway as much as I hate what he did, he's still family. And his mom is one of my favorite aunts and she deserves better.

We're hoping he'll be paroled soon.

It burns me up to see those who can hurt kids and shoot people get off and those that committ less horrible crimes get years in prison.

Well, now I'm babbling, but I needed this chance, and it's my blog so there.

No comments: