Sunday, August 5, 2007

What's next

Well the Library School isn't working out. I can try again, but there's something in the back of my head...

You see, right now I'm working a job. Jobs are great, but they're not careers. They're not vocations. Vocation comes from the same word as voice. Makes sense that it would. I should have seen that a long time ago. Anyway, the idea of vocation, means that you've followed that inner-voice, not the same thing as the voice in your head, but an inner voice that tells you what to do with your life.

Read below and you'll see that my sister and her family were crime victims about two years ago. I've always been sickened by those who commit horrible crimes and then whine about their "rights" being violated because they don't get enough channels on their cable TV in jail etc.

To me, criminals give up all but their most basic rights. PERIOD. But, then there are the victims. Those left behind to pick up pieces of their life after some price of sub-human garbage takes something from them. It doesn't matter if its money, car, or a sense of security, it does not belong to the criminals it belongs to victims.

I am leaning towards a victims rights advocate. I need to check into this big time. I may even try to do something via my church when they start the new campus. I'll have to check.

Anyway, please pray for me. If you happen upon this and you don't believe in prayer, then don't. Hwoever, I think God's got something bigger for me. I just want to know what it is.

No comments: